Monday, July 28, 2008

Mad Max

Despite all of my angry/frustrated/hopeless posts I've been up to recently, I actually have a pretty funny story to share... a little scary, but funny just the same : )

I have mentioned before that I live with my family. I am the oldest of four siblings... and all of us our in our twenties besides the youngest... and we also all still live at home with our parents... (I actually returned home during Dh's deployment, and then stayed through grad school... just had to add that for my own dignity!) Anyway... with all of the young people around, I often feel as if I am living in some sort of strange frat house! So, what happened this past weekend was not a total surprise...

I spent this past Saturday evening at home. As my brother got ready to go out with his girlfriend... I could tell that he was feeling bad for me. I can always tell when he invites me to come out with them! But, in all actuality, I spend many nights in and it's really not a big deal. I'm a little older than he is, and it's fine for me, but I guess he must see it as depressing...

So, I go on to spend the evening watching a funny movie with my youngest brother and his friend... I was perfectly content. Mid-movie, I get a phone call from my other brother's friend, whom I will call "Max." Now, I haven't talked to Max in years. He is one of those people that you know your whole life but never get to know very well. But, none the less, Max has had one too many beers and is insisting that I come to the bar for a drink with he and my brother. I tell him no, that's ok, I am watching a movie at home...etc. I hang up, and again, Max calls... but this time, I don't answer the phone. I don't even know how he got my number?! The movie ends, and I go to sleep.

ZZZzzzzzZZZzzzzzz

"BOOOOOOMMMMM" "Heyyyyy! What's up!!!!"

I awake from a solid sleep to the sound of my locked door being busted in! I am quickly grabbing for the Ka-Bar I keep under my bed while I simultaneously try to take it all in... This person is waving a cell phone in my face as a light and talking to me... this isn't a stranger or someone trying to rob me... it's Max! Before I know it, Max is trying to get in the bed with me! Of course I told him hell no, and that he needed to go sleep in my brother's room... but he just wasn't listening! Although he wasn't trying to touch me in any way, I still didn't want him in my bed! And to make matters worse, I was not fully clothed, as I was in my room sleeping in my bed behind my locked door! So, here I am, abruptly awakened by Max, whom I really don't know that well... trying to keep myself covered up with the blanket as I am pushing him out of my bed! And to top it off, Max says, "I can't believe you're doing this to me!" WHAT?! He can't believe what I'M doing to HIM! I still can't believe what his ass had the nerve to do to ME! He tells me that he is leaving for my brother's room, and says, "I'll be up there if you want to come up!" HA! That would be the day!

I awake the next morning wondering if that all really happened, because who would be crazy enough to do that?! The incident was then substantiated when I found a text message saying, "What are you doing?" from Max at 3:30am! What did he think I was doing?! Fixing my door and installing deadbolts of course!

PS.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I found out that my brother had stayed at a friend's house that evening... so Max just showed up at our home randomly. AWESOME.

2 comments:

RangersGirl said...

Sounds like Mad Max has had a crush on you and had enough beer to get some courage. Granted, his behavior was very scary - - and border line illegal.

Does DH know?

I wonder what he'd think if he know there were other men interested in you? But I also wonder what he'd think, knowing he wasn't there to protect you. Maybe you could use the situation to "Invite" DH back home, that you need him.

I read the other posts so know you are at that antipathy stage that you just don't care one way or the other. Totally understandable - - and a defensive position for heart. I'm still praying for you that things will right themselves.

Hope said...

Thanks for your prayers : )

I'm not sure that Max has a crush on me... ha.. I think that he may have done the same thing to anyone else who happened to be sleeping in my particular room... Although he did pay me a well-deserved apology the next day, I still scolded him on his completely inappropriate actions!

Dh doesn't know about the situation because we really haven't talked that much. I plan on giving him a call today... we'll see what that brings...