Saturday, July 5, 2008

Busted!

WOW! It's been one hell of a night! And it started like this...

Despite the fact that Dh is staying at his mom's right now... I have his vehicle at my house while he is away on his trip. Our new insurance cards came in... so I thought that I would put them in each of the cars. When I opened Dh's glove compartment... a CVS bag fell on my hand. I looked inside... and it was as if I had stared into the face of the devil himself...it was a wife's worst nightmare... CONDOMS! Now... I lost it, really.. I completely lost my shit. We don't even use those because we really have no need...we are in a monogamous relationship and are both healthy people. Plus... PTSD, no affection right now... hence...no sex in the champagne room...or in any other room for that matter.

I hashed it out with my sister, and determined that I had to call Dh about it... NOW. So, I called... and Dh was shocked! He completely denied up and down that they were his. I know that you will all roll your eyes when you read the following statement... but I am really good at knowing when people are lying to me... especially Dh. After listening to him... I thought that he was telling the truth. But how would those get there? Who did they belong to? If Dh was planning on using those, wouldn't he have brought them on his trip? Even though it didn't seem as if he was lying, I couldn't help but have doubts, given the situation in it's entirety. And let me tell you, I will be there for my husband through anything... but not an affair.

At this point, I called my best friend. And I have to say, she was really there for me tonight. She was very supportive... discussing the facts with me in a caring way. We sat in a restaurant for about four hours going over every single possibility...

As we were getting ready to leave, I received a phone call from Dh. After some investigating on his end, it turns out that they belonged to my 17 year old brother! He had hidden them there since Dh's car has been at the house (we stay with my family). Talk about a sigh of relief! I mean, although I am not thrilled about my brother's "activity," I am glad that he is being safe... AND that they do not belong to my husband in any way!

And how could my little brother be stupid enough to put those in my husband's car, aren't Trojans supposed to make one "evolve?" :) I definitely need a glass of wine tonight...

2 comments:

RangersGirl said...

I gotta tell you, I would have freaked out too if I were in your shoes! HOLY Rubber galoshes, Batman!

Good for you for calling him. Odd as this sounds, is it a good sign that DH did his own investigating?

Hope said...

I am glad that he looked into it because it showed that he wanted to know who they belonged to as much as I did... because they weren't his. I mentioned the incident briefly to my little brother (AWKWARD)... and he did admit they were his, but not without much embarassment!