Friday, July 25, 2008

"I don't know"

"I don't know... I don't know... I don't know," said Dh.

The man just doesn't know.

These words make me want to roar as if I am some mythical creature! I am getting soooo frustrated!

Dh came over on Tuesday, and we hung out for a while watching TV. I also attempted "the talk." ... however, I know from past experience that Dh isn't much of a talker when it comes to this subject. In light of this, I decided to write my thoughts into a letter. Upon giving Dh the letter, all he could say was, "I don't know." To be honest... I'm not quite sure what I wanted him to say... but I know that it wasn't those three words.

I guess I wrote this letter just to be acknowledged by him... but I wasn't.Up until this point, I have accommodated all of his needs... even the difficult ones.. like moving out. However, my needs continue to go unrecognized. I have recently come to a point where I realize that I can support him, but at the same time, I must take care of myself as well. There is no reason that he can't be at least respectful of me and my needs. For example, there is no reason that he can't say, "I know this is tough for you right now, but just hold on a little longer with me..." Instead of making such a statement... or respecting my needs, he just ignores that I have any. Hence, my frustration. I do think that he was a little taken back that I was up front about what I needed for once...

So, after reading the letter and saying those "magic" words... Dh left to go home. He told me he would talk to me about things the next day... however, he didn't call. Yesterday came, and he called. We decided to talk again... and we are now at a point where he is somewhat agreeable to couples counseling.

Ughh... this is a long and hard road... I must offically be a Rough Rider by now. If only I had a bike!

1 comment:

RangersGirl said...

Good gosh!

On the positive - - "I don't know" could go either way and I'm cheering for the "I realize I do love you and can't live without you."

Keep your chin-up. I'm praying for you.