Sunday, July 6, 2008

Kind Words

Although the incident described in Busted was very stressful and anxiety-provoking... there were some very positive things that came out of that circus of an evening.

When I talked to Dh about my "find," he denied that they were his... and he was telling the truth. He also made such caring statements as, "I'm actually kind of angry about this... I feel bad that you even had to go through that ... thinking they were mine." He also said that had he found something like that in my car that he would have been so upset that he wouldn't be able to speak! At the beginning of all this when he wanted a divorce right away, he had indicated that the thought of me having a relationship with someone else did not bother him. And the best of all, I told him that I loved him and he said, "I love you too." AWESOME! I can't get too excited because he didn't say it back again when I talked to him today... but I think we are making progress and I am excited about that!

This is hard for me to admit... but... perhaps the vacation has been good for him?

1 comment:

RangersGirl said...

AWESOME!

Men operate on the "respect" factor and I think DH is feeling respected by you - - you aren't stepping on his air hose. The condom find - - since we women operate on "love" really stepped on your air hose - - but from a guys perspective -- had he found them in your car, he'd have felt disrespected by you. Oddly, the situation had you both talking on the same level.

I think it was possitive that you guys were talking while he was on vacation - - he could have been 100% unavailable and that doesn't sound like the case. Keep taking things one day at a time. I'm praying for you guys.

I'm glad your best friend was there for you to talk things out with you.