Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Homeostasis

Psychology-heads claim that families continuously strive for homeostasis, or a balance, that works for their individual family. This balance I speak of pertains to all aspects of life, from who the family spends time with to what they do with their time. Over the past few weeks, or couple of months actually, DH and I have been struggling to maintain this balance... And as awkward and weird as things are with DH living at his mom's home, we have somehow developed a way to live like this... a way to live where I can actually function day to day without being holed up crying about the whole thing in my bedroom all day.

DH comes over from time to time, I go over to his mom's once in a while, and we go places sometimes... out to dinner...etc. And although this is not the lifestyle of choice, it seems to be working pretty well for now : )

No comments: