Sunday, June 15, 2008

Good Day

Today was one of the best days I've had in a while. I spent some time with my dad this morning, and then went to visit DH and his parents in the early afternoon. After spending a while there, I met my parents to go kayaking.

The last time I went kayaking it was quite an adventure. I flipped multiple times and even got caught holding onto a fallen log in the middle of a strong current! I felt like Lassie barking for help as I helplessly floated down a river on a piece of plywood.... (I don't know that this actually happened to Lassie, but it's easy to envision). This time... SUCCESS!! No flips, and it was just as fun. Plus, kayaking really gives your arms a good work out, which is just what I need!

To top things off, DH came over to my house for the first time since he left a couple of weeks ago. It was nice to have him at home again...even though I knew he would be leaving again at the end of the night to go back to his parents' home. He is also coming by again tomorrow for my youngest brother's birthday party. And, he hugged me again before I left (earlier and tonight). Two hugs in one day?! I am starting to get SPOILED! ... (sarcastic)

I would have never pictured my life to be this way... the littlest things bringing so much hope...

No comments: